A Day in the Life

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Freedom!

On Sunday, my beloved iBook started experiencing some problems. The screen finally went green, and then red -- and then completely black. A trip to the University Village Apple Store Genius Bar confirmed that it was indeed fucked: the logic board was messed up, which means all sorts of bad things. Luckily the repairs (and possible replacement, I guess) will all be covered under AppleCare, but I won't be getting it back for the ambiguous "5-7 days".

I've never felt smarter or more productive! Last night, I sat around and actually listened to some music (and by "listen", I mean I really listened, as opposed to "had it on while I did other shit"). Tonight, I am down at the Odegaard Computing Commons PowerMac G5 corrall, happily plunking away on a $4000 machine. Tomorrow, I will probably practice longer and more efficiently than I ever have before.

Of course, all of these revelations make me feel sort of stupid. It is amazing how mush a child of the 21st century I am that being without my computer gives me absolutely nothing to do in meatspace, but oh well. When I get my iBook back, I plan to more carefully evaluate how much time I spend with it and how I use it. I certainly won't (and can't) give it up entirely, but it's enlightening to go without for a couple of days.

3 Comments:

  • so are we all making the move to Blogger? if so i should open up something formal.

    By Blogger Gavin, at 11:10 PM  

  • yeah i made an account awhile ago but haven't used it ever.

    By Anonymous Will, at 11:36 PM  

  • As it is impossible by the way.

    By Anonymous Martin Cooper, at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home